Rio De Janeiro Climate & Temperature
- Rio De Janeiro, Brazil is at 22°55'S, 43°9'W, 5 m (16 ft). See map.
- Rio De Janeiro has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Rio De Janeiro is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 23.7 degrees Celsius (74.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.2 °C (9.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1172.9 mm (46.2 inches) which is equivalent to 1172.9 Litres/m² (28.77 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2250 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Rio De Janeiro you would come out nearest to the climate station at Minamidaitojima, Japan where you would find a Humid subtropical climate.
Climate of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Barbacena, Brazil - 195.4 kms (121.4 miles) NNW
- Cel. Pacheco, Brazil - 150.4 kms (93.4 miles) N
- Juiz De Fora, Brazil - 129.3 kms (80.3 miles) N
- Sao Lourenco, Brazil - 210.6 kms (130.9 miles) WNW
- Vassouras, Brazil - 77 kms (47.9 miles) NW
- Pirai, Brazil - 81.5 kms (50.7 miles) WNW
- Campos Do Jordao, Brazil - 248.5 kms (154.4 miles) W
- Ecol. Agricula, Brazil - 54.5 kms (33.9 miles) WNW
- Santa Cruz, Belize - 54.2 kms (33.7 miles) WNW
- Angra Dos Reis, Brazil - 118.3 kms (73.5 miles) W
- Ubatuba, Brazil - 203.1 kms (126.2 miles) WSW